Melanie (and subsequently, Jon and I!) had a really rough week... She woke up on Tuesday morning with a very high fever (104.3!) and was really feeling miserable. I took her to the doctor's that afternoon, and he couldn't find anything 'wrong' with her (ears, throat, etc. all looked clear). He thought he could either be a stomach flu or a UTI... He said if the fever persisted until Thursday, to come back into the office.
Tuesday night was a nightmare for all - Melanie was so sick! She threw up multiple times throughout the night, couldn't sleep, cried/whimpered the whole night... she just felt awful. so sad... On Wednesday, her fever spiked again in the afternoon. Still wouldn't eat or drink anything... On Thursday, I spoke to a different doctor at the practice who recommended that I bring Melanie back in for a strep test. The quick test came back negative, but they did find an ear infection. I was thrilled that they found SOMETHING and would give her some medicine to make her feel better!!!
Today is Friday, and she seems to be on the mend. (fingers crossed!) She showed some interest in eating today (ate quite a bit of cereal and some banana), took a great long afternoon nap, and maintained a normal temperature all day. She is sleeping again now, albeit a little fitfully... perhaps she's hungry? I didn't give her very many food options today - just BRAT diet stuff, as doctor recommended until she can keep food down without vomiting. So far, so good... She'll be happily reunited with her milk tomorrow.
I am so happy that she is starting to get back to her normal, smiley, playful self. It's been a rough week for all... I missed my happy little girl!
Friday, February 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Shelley-I'm so sorry to hear that little Melanie was so sick. What a bummer. I am glad they figured out what the problem was. Isn't it just too sad when the kids are crying and just too sick. Horrible. Hope you have a better week
Post a Comment