Just thought I would update the blog with a few new pictures from the homefront. Everyone is doing great! Melanie is still very affectionate with David, and still with her dollies too!, and doesn't seem to mind when David is on our laps. (thank goodness!)
I don't want to jinx it, but David is a good eater and sleeper (although he still prefers to do most of his sleeping during the day...). He often falls asleep either eating or with movement, but the miracle is that he STAYS asleep when you transfer him to another location (e.g. car seat, swing, bassinet) - often for a 2 hour nap! (Melanie would usually wake up within 20 minutes of us putting her down, if she stayed asleep at all, as she always wanted to be held as she slept!) Lets hope this continues.
Jon is in first place for "daddy of the year"! He is doing such a great job juggling 2 kids, especially as I am still physically recovering and can't do as much as I usually do. He is always up for changing a diaper, feeding a child, building a block tower, taking Melanie to the swings, running out to the store, preparing a meal and more. I am so proud of him - especially since he is doing all of this on very little, and interrupted, sleep. Way to go, Jon! We are both dreading him going back to work on Tuesday.... It's been really wonderful having him home.
1 comment:
Oh, that's great that he's been able to help out. Glad you are having some time to recover from delivery. Happy Mother's Day!!
Post a Comment